- meat from 2 cooked lobsters
- 2 cups pasta (I used cellantani but you could use elbows with ridges) – cooked to manufacturer’s directions
- cooking spray
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 5 oz. marscapone cheese
- 5 oz. mild cheddar cheese (a little over half a bag)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. heavy cream (plus extra for drizzling over casserole before baking)
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Cook your pasta according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
- Using that same pot and over medium to medium low heat melt the butter.
- Add the cream and stir. Cook the cream until it is getting just a tiny bubble around the edges. Don’t curdle the cream – keep an eye on the flame.
- Next add in the marscapone and whisk in. Add in the cheddar cheese and whisk until melted. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner.
- Then add in the cooked pasta and stir. Then gently fold in the lobster.
- Spray your gratins or oven proof casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two dishes or pour into the one casserole dish. Drizzle some extra cream over the macaroni to keep this creamy. About 2 tbsp. per dish or a tad over that.
- Top with some cracked black pepper and with some crushed Ritz® crackers.
- Bake in a toaster oven or conventional oven at 350° for about 11-15 minutes uncovered.