- 10 chicken wings – (rub the chicken with salt to get rid of any weird smell and taste, then rinse off )
- wooden satay sticks (optional )
- 1 – 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- A pinch of salt to taste (optional)
- A dash of white pepper
- Drain and pat dry chicken wings with paper towels before marinating.
- In a large bowl, combine marinate ingredients together, and massage well with chicken wings.
- Leave wings to marinate for few hours or preferably refrigerate overnight in a ziploc bag.
- Remove chicken wings from refrigerator 30 minutes ahead before grilling.
- Soak wooden satay sticks in water for 1 hour beforehand. Skewered the wings before grilling. I skewered the wings as it’s easier for my kids to eat.
- Prepare about 1/2 cup of honey in a separate bowl for brushing later.
- Grill the wings in oven at 200deg till chicken wings skin is crisp and browned, turning occasionally to ensure wings are evenly cooked and brush with remaining marinating sauce. Brush liberally on both sides of wings with honey when the wings are almost ready and continue cooking for 10 minutes.