For Cake :
180 g butter (I replaced by sunflower oil)
200 g caster sugar (I reduced to 180g)
200 g full cream evaporated milk (I used low fat)
2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
100 g plain flour
50 g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla essense
2 tbsp of rum(optional)
1. Combine caster sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract or essense and butter in a saucepan.Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, turn off the fire and keep warm.
2. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl, then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny – mine is like the batter for brownie)
4. Heat up the steamer.
5. Lined and greased a 8 or 9 inch round baking pan. (I used 8″)
6. Pour the batter into the lined pan and place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
7. Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 mins. (I steamed for nearly 55 mins, until skewer came out clean)
8. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.
For Frosting :
100g chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1. Double boil the chocolate and milk until chocolate is melt.
2. Pour onto the cake and chill the cake.