- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
FOR CAKE: Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan (a jelly-roll pan is a cookie sheet with sides); line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Generously sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl and set aside. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin then stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off paper and roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack til completely cool.
FOR FILLING: Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Unroll cooled cake, being extra careful not to break it. (It will curl slightly from being rolled up and may be a little sticky.) Spread cream cheese mixture over cake and roll it back up. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.