2 cups braised oxtail meat …… cut in bit size
2 medium potato …… peel and cut in small chunk
1 omedium nion …… peel and thinkly slice
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
1/3 cup red wine
1 tbsp corn starch …… mix with 1 tbsp water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 sheet pie dough (homemade or frozen)
1 tbsp cream
- Preheat over at 350F.
- In the large skillet, put some olive oil and then sauté onion until soft about 4 minutes.
- Add the potato and sauté for antoher 2 minutes.
- Add the oxtail meat then pour red wine. Boil until the alchohol is evapolate then add the stock.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for 1 minute.
- slowly add the corn starch and water mixture to thicken the meat mixture. Salt and paper if needed.
- Pour the meat mixture into the baking dish.
- Using the rolling pin to roll out the pie dough to 1/4 inch thick. The pie dough should be slightly bigger than the baking dish.
- Carefully cover the baking dish with the pie dough and fold excess down to the baking dish.
- Mix 1 egg with 1 Tbsp cream to make a egg wash and using the pastry brush apply eggwash all over the dough.
- Put in the over and bake for 1 hour.