1-2lbs King Crab, Snow Crab, Crab Clusters or 2 Cans drained Lumo Crabmeat
½ C Butter (clarified, recipe below)
? C White Wine or White Cooking Wine
Salt or Garlic Salt to taste
How to make it:
- Steam or boil your Crab Legs for 15 minutes, until heated thru. Keep warm.
- When cooled enough to handle, using kitchen scissors, cut a slice down crab to remove crab meat, gently!! Place in a bowl until ready to use.
- In a pot or deep bottomed skillet, add your wine. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, until rapidly boiling to allow wine to reduce its alcohol content.
- SLOWLY pour in melted clarified butter. See below to clarify. Whisk for about 2 minutes and season the Scampi sauce to taste.
- Lower heat to Medium Low, add crab, cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes to allow sauce to absorb in sauce. Simmer 5-6 mins longer for fuller flavor. Serve hot.
**To clarify butter:
Melt butter over LOW HEAT slowly!!! Very important so it does not burn. Once melted with a spoon, skim the fat from the top. Wipe off spoon after each skim to make sure no fat returns to pot. Once all fat is removed, add to your dish or serve as a dipping sauce.